With a salmon twist, this is nacho average snack!
You can substitute practically any leftover fish or shellfish for the salmon. Shrimp or mussels are equally good choices.
Serves 2 to 4
- 6 ounces tortilla chips (¾ of an 8.5-ounce bag)
- 2 or 3 tablespoons seeded and minced jalapeño
- 1 cup flaked cooked salmon, skin removed
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese
- ⅔ cup chopped sweet onions
- ½ to ¾ cup freshly grated Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
Preheat the oven to
Spread a double layer of tortilla chips in a baking dish. Sprinkle them with the jalapeño, salmon, feta cheese, and sweet onions. Top with the grated Monterey Jack cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.From the "Legal Sea Foods Cookbook" by Roger Berkowitz and Jane Doerfer, illustrated by Edward Koren.