Don't be shellfish, share this grilled summer favorite with family and friends!
You'll need the large sea scallops for this recipe. You can prepare the ingredients in advance and assemble them just before cooking. If you're using wooden skewers, soak them in water for twenty-four hours ahead of time so that they won't burn.
(2 skewers per serving)
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound of Roger's Jumbo White Shrimp (16 to 20 count)
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into eight 1-inch slices
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 large firm tomato, cut into eighths
- 2 large mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 large red onion, cut into ½-inch wedges
- Grapeseed or vegetable oil
Preheat the broiler or prepare an outdoor grill.
Thread a skewer: Start with a red pepper slice, then slide on a shrimp, zucchini, scallop, tomato wedge, shrimp, mushroom, scallop, and a piece or red onion. Continue until 8 skewers are filled. Brush with oil and broil or grill for 3 to 4 minutes, cooking no more than 4 skewers at a time. Turn the skewers once. Serve immediately.