Surf and Turf - a term synonymous with a luxurious culinary experience, Surf and Turf combines the rich flavors of premium seafood and Filet Mignon for an unforgettable dining experience. Surf and Turf has long been a classic choice for a special occasion or an indulgent dinner, making it the perfect option for a romantic at-home date night.
It's time to bring the fine dining experience to your own kitchen with Roger’s Fish Co. and our Surf and Turf Dinner for Two and Surf and Turf Deluxe Dinner for Two - a delicious and tantalizing combination of premium Atlantic lobster and tender filet mignon that is sure to kindle sparks in any relationship.
Date night Surf and Turf: A perfect pairing for a perfect pair
There’s no date night meal more decadent and delicious than the pairing of premium North Atlantic Lobster Tails and succulent Filet Mignon. The lobster, sourced from the pristine waters of the North Atlantic, pairs perfectly with the tender, melt-in-your-mouth filet mignon. This heavenly duo not only delights the taste buds but also elevates your romance game, making any evening truly unforgettable.
If you want to take your date night surf and turf dinner to the next level, nothing complements the flavors and textures better than a bottle of your favorite wine. We suggest a buttery, oaky Chardonnay, or a fragrant, full-bodied Pinot Noir. The key is to choose a wine that has a bold flavor profile that brings out buttery, succulent flavors of your surf and turf dinner. If wine isn’t your thing, you can pair with craft brewed beer like a nice crisp IPA, or a smooth brown ale.
How to Cook the Perfect Surf and Turf Dinner
To achieve a flawless surf and turf experience, follow these simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the filet mignon with salt, pepper, and a touch of extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat some butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, then sear both sides of the meat for 2-3 minutes each, finally transfer to the oven for 5-7 minutes (for a medium-rare finish, 10 minutes for medium).
- For the lobster tails, use kitchen shears to cut a slit down the middle of the shells and pull away from the meat. Baste with melted butter, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Bake the lobster tails in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the meat is cooked tender.
To enhance your dining experience, complement the main course with savory side dishes, such as garlic and dill mashed potatoes, buttery asparagus, or a crisp Caesar salad.
Surf and Turf ideas worth exploring
While the traditional lobster and filet option is undeniably a crowd-pleaser, don't hesitate to venture into exciting, alternative pairings to keep things fresh in the kitchen:
- Wharf and Turf: Roger’s Lobster Clambake + Filet Mignon. A big meal for big appetites, the Lobster Clambake features a who’s-who of deep-ocean flavors, with lobster, clams, mussels, and a heaping helping of our delicious Double Clam Chowder that pairs perfectly with the buttery goodness of Filet Mignon.
- Sword and Turf: Swordfish Steaks + Filet Mignon. Get ready for a whorl-wind of flavor! Sword and Turf combines the bold flavor of Swordfish Steaks, with the buttery, tender deliciousness of Filet Mignon. Serve with rice pilaf, a green vegetable, and a hoppy blonde ale.
- Surf and Turf Tacos: Cooked Lobster Meat + Filet Mignon. A decadent, elevated approach to Taco Tuesday. Grill the filets, then slice thin and combine with cooked lobster meat. We suggest serving with street-style corn tortillas, fresh guacamole, cilantro, and a spritz of lime. Serve with a crisp, light lager.
- His and Hers: Dayboat Scallops + juicy Filet Mignon. A winning combination that makes everyone happy. Sautee the Dayboat Scallops in garlic and butter, grill the Filet Mignon over a wood fire. Serve with mushroom risotto and a cabernet sauvignon (red) or sauvignon blanc (white).
No matter how you do date night, a laid-back evening at home spent indulging in an exquisite surf and turf meal is sure to make for a truly memorable evening. So put on your chef hat and start planning the perfect romantic dinner with a Surf and Turf Dinner for Two from Roger's Fish Co.!